Heading to Italy

The last couple of months have been a whirlwind! I graduated from Westminster College (I officially have a degree in Psychology!), performed my senior recital, held multiple benefit concerts, and began the search for a job. My life has been running at max capacity for the last four years--yeah, kinda slacked off freshman year--and now I am finally directing my energies to the thing that gives me a reason for being--music.

If you know me, you know that music is my thing. In fact, it is more than just my "thang," it is my life. For more on that, look at my past blogs. I went out on a limb, auditioned for this program despite my lack of experience, and was accepted--I am deeply honored and honestly still shocked that I was accepted. It is an amazing opportunity that will give me an edge in my auditions from here on out.

However, I don't want to focus on the trip--not yet, at least. I can talk about that tomorrow, when I am drugged up on Dramamine and tired of sleeping on the plane. More important for today's prose is the fact that I am able to go on this trip at all. As I said earlier, I have been holding benefit concerts for the last month or so, which I held to attempt to raise money for the substantial cost of the La Musica Lirica program. Throughout the fundraising process, I have been humbled by the sacrifices made by my family, friends, parishioners, and complete strangers. The economy may be starting to regain its feet, but these are still difficult times, and the amount of support I have received is amazing and honestly leaves me speechless (which is hard to do--I never shut up!).

To those of you who helped me, whether it be financially, emotionally, or through well wishes, thoughts, and prayers, you are saints in my eyes. Mushy, yes, but true. I would not be going on this trip without your support. Before I head out, I needed to say "thank you" to all of you, especially the St. Mary's parishoners, my vocal professors, and my dear mother, who gave everything she could to my cause.

I won't go on, as I have already made this blog mushy enough, so I will leave you with this wonderful video that combines two of my great loves...Opera and Star Trek :-P

Follow this link: http://youtu.be/5JwGRIsl2_I

Comments